Dr. Latimer established this dental practice 20 years ago to provide individualized, patient-focused care. In recent years, we have focused our education and care around dental wellness and the relationship between oral health, inflammation and systemic disease.
Now, with the growing awareness and impacts of COVID-19 and other variants, we are grateful to have followed this path. We are in a great position to continue safe and comfortable dental care.
You will see changes when it is time for your next appointment as we address the unique issues surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. These systems will evolve according to the recommendations from the CDC, ADA and Texas State Dental Board. Right now, we are taking the following steps to ensure your safety:
- All patients answer a screening questionnaire upon arrival.
- Increased disinfection throughout our office and waiting area. Wiping down touch screens and after each use and regularly disinfecting waiting area, bathrooms, furniture, doors and handles.
- Payments and receipts can be handled electronically.
- Increased disinfection in our exam rooms. Disposable plastic wrap for furniture changed between patients, all surfaces disinfected between each patient.
- Increased PPE for all staff who provide dental care. Gowns, face shields, and N95 masks disposed of, or if reusable, disinfected thoroughly between each patient.
- Increased aerosol control during dental procedures. We have installed Surgically Clean Air’s JADE Air Purifiers which clean and sterilize the indoor air to remove aerosols, bacteria and viruses.
We also ask for your cooperation and support with the following safety measures:
- We ask that you attend your appointments alone when possible. We understand that in some instances a companion is required.
- Please limit personal items brought into the office.
- Wait in your car upon arrival. Give us a call or text to let us know you’ve arrived and we’ll notify you when we’re ready.
- Please arrive with a mask on and maintain social distancing practices in our waiting room, including with our office staff.
- Immediately wash or sanitize your hands upon arrival and have your temperature taken.
- Perform a preoperative swish with an antiseptic oral rinse.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and allow for additional disinfection. This might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming our patients, neighbors, and friends. We’re excited to exceed your expectations and see you smile!